School of Law
Guided by its strategic plan, Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law is advancing its innovative approach to legal education and preparing law students with the business acumen and practical skills they need to thrive in today’s highly competitive market. This year, Villanova Law received record levels of support, resulting in the most successful fundraising year in the Law School’s history.
View photos from the Law School's Campaign Celebration held on October 23, 2015.
View photos from the Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law Naming Celebration held on January 20, 2016.
View video from the Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law Naming Celebration held on January 20, 2016.
Learn more about Villanova School of Law priorities.
Recent Campaign Highlights
- More than $64 million raised to date toward the Law School's $50 million goal.
- $25 million transformative leadership gift from alumnus Charles Widger ’73 CWSL. In recognition, the school is named the Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law—the first named school or college at Villanova University. This investment is the largest ever to the Law School and the second largest in the University’s history.
- $5 million gift from Joseph T. McCullen Jr. ’57 CLAS to name The Eleanor H. McCullen Center for Law, Religion and Public Policy.
- $5 million gift from David ’73 CWSL and Connie ’74 CWSL Girard-diCarlo to establish The David F. and Constance B. Girard-diCarlo Center for Ethics, Integrity and Compliance.
- $5 million gift from Jana and John Scarpa, a member of Villanova Law’s Board of Consultors, to name The John F. Scarpa Center for Law and Entrepreneurship.
- 84% of the Class of 2017 gave to Villanova Law before graduation, setting a new record for 3L Legacy campaign participation.
- Expanding student opportunities and financial aid, so that we continue to mentor and mold the leaders of tomorrow.
- Attracting and retaining world-class teacher-scholars, so that we continue to have an impact on the law through the education we provide and the scholarship we create.
- Cultivating curricular innovation, so that we continue to provide a holistic and market-aligned legal education that positions our graduates for success and gives our students the means to ignite change for real-world clients.
- Positioning Villanova Law for continued excellence, today through the Fund for Villanova Law, our annual fund, and tomorrow through our endowment.
- Student Scholarships
- Faculty and Chair Professorships
- Centers of Excellence and Innovative Programs
- Center for Law and Religion
- Institute to Address Commercial Sexual Exploitation
- Clinics and Externships
- Adoption Clinic
- Civil Justice Clinic
- Clinic for Asylum, Refugee and Emigrant Services (CARES)
- Clinic for Law and Entrepreneurship
- Farmworker Legal Aid Clinic
- Federal Tax Clinic
- Interdisciplinary Mental and Physical Health Law Clinic
- Law and Entrepreneurship Clinic
- Externship Program
Kevin Noller '04, '09
Assistant Vice President, Major Gifts